Sunday 26 June 2016

Firefox 48 Beta 3 Testday

Discovering a New Alley



Firstly, I am very glad to contribute to the #MozillaFirefox through my contributions on the Beta Testday.

To be very true, this was the first time where I was indulged into a pure technical lush of testing and debugging the errors. It was very exciting! Since I am just in the apprentice level of learning I am not much exposed to these kinds of stuffs but when I started to test the cases my interest towards dealing with bugs rocketed.

The best part of the day was obtaining the expected “output”. I was enthralled to learn a lot many things on the go. I wasn’t much dejected when I encountered with an error because I knew the way to tackle it too, using the help of #Bugzilla bugs were well managed.

Exploring the undiscovered path is always fantastic! Likewise, I realized that there are many opportunities in testing and debugging field viz., the IV & V (Independent Verification and Validation) units. The IV & V sector plays a major role in ‘Software Cycle’ before the deployment of the product. Therefore getting prior skills and pioneer in the field is essential for a Software Developer which I was able to witness through this program.

To sum up, the Beta Test Day gave me a good exposure to technical stuffs and it was a great way of learning through a practical manner. I thank Mr. Prasanth and #mozillatn for having faith on me that I would be able to support the mission and also for guiding me very accurately to explore this undiscovered path. 

6 comments: